What would you say is essential for a business to have to be successful?
If you ask most business owners what the most important thing is to have for their business, most will say it’s a good website. Websites are a good place to start. But that’s just the beginning. One of the best things that you can do for your business is to have a business blog.
Business Websites tell visitors about your business.
But Business Blogs tell visitors about YOU.
Why is this so important?
- People want to know that they are dealing with a professional.
- People want useful information about your business without having to ask.
Let’s look at three different types of blogs that are popular with business owners and their visitors.
1. Question Blogs
This type of blog leads off with a question. For instance:
- Why is my grass turning brown?
- Why does my garbage disposal have an odor?
- What’s the best way to get stains out of a carpet?
These questions are all perfectly legitimate questions and they are ones that many customers will ask. The biggest benefit to them is that they get an answer to their question without having to ask someone. The biggest benefit to you is that you provide them with an answer and show them that you are an expert.
These questions can also be turned into numbered blogs. For instance:
- 5 Big Reasons Why Your Grass Turns Brown
- 3 Common Causes of Garbage Disposal Odors
- 3 Handy Ways to Remove Stains from Carpets
One thing to note is if you have a certain number listed in the title of your blog, make sure that you have that number. Otherwise, it looks unprofessional. Also, use subheadings. A big wall of text will turn off visitors and make them close your page.
2. Tip Blog Articles
Tip blogs are a huge hit with visitors. Everyone wants free advice, so tip blogs are one of the best types of blogs to write. This was slightly covered in the Questions Blogs with the 3 Handy Ways to Remove Stains from Carpets topic. However, these are more specialized. Here are some examples:
- 4 Simple Tips for Planting a Flower Garden
- 3 Surprising Secrets to Unclogging a Sink
- 3 Expert Pointers to Getting Stains from Your Carpet
Of course, the Handy Ways topic listed above can also be conisderered a tip blog. The nice thing about tip blogs is that they give your readers advice and show that you an expert in your field all at the same time.
3. Mistake Blog Articles
Everyone makes mistakes. For many people, making a mistake can make them feel embarassed. Therefore, you watn to write your mistake blogs to show them that they are not the only one.
Here are two examples:
- 3 Common Mistakes of First Time Renters
- 3 Everyday Errors of DIY Plumbers
When you write a Mistake Blog, two things are important:
- Let them know that you see it often, even if you don’t.
- Show them how to correct the errors.
I hope that you found my blog to be useful. If you have any questions about our blogging service or any other services that we offer, please feel free to get in touch. Have a great day!